Justin Talmadge and Mike Schwab were our hosts. Justin is a high school teacher in Mercer Island, and Mike is a Google in Education Evangelist -- one of the small team at Google who works around the world with educators:
- Google- Get Certified
- Google Apps: Get Trained
- Moonshot Thinking: Have the courage to try --- We don't know how to do it yet, but we're going to try; that's Google's 10X thinking
- Smarter Balance Testing Systems
- Smarter Balance Frameworks
- Lots of Google Apps Add-Ons to help with SBAC
- Goobric for Rubrics with Doctopus
- Google Classroom (which we don't yet use)
- The Google Apps Team YouTube
- First Seattle Google Summit Sept 25-26-27, 2015
- Google Apps SAMR Model
- Google Apps and the iPad
- Using MS Office with GAFE
- Feedback -- Awesome with Google
- Differentiate with Google - One Idea
- Unlimited Storage and Google Vault: Free
- Bring the World to Your Classroom with Google
In the slideshow below see the photos we could take during our stay. Thanks to Mike Schwab for a terrific (!) tour of Google. Each floor has it's own theme, and employees are never more than fifty feet from delicious food. The atmosphere was amazing: focused people engrossed in their work, collaborative conversations in kitchen areas, around pool tables, and of course around computers. Once, when we emerged from the elevator laughing, not one person looked up from their thoughts. They are working on amazing projects -- thinking well beyond 10%, but looking at things from new perspectives for better solutions. It's a place of focus, fun, and the fantastic made real.
Treated to the Blue Room -- Believe in Learners with Undaunted Educators! -- we emerged ready to tackle and untame education, creating a collaborative culture that dares to dream the best for kids and their futures.
Thank you Mike Schwab and Justin Talmadge for the experience.
Students: here are the pictures your requested:
|GEG WA Post|
This is a school related site so please respect others and comment appropriately. Please contact Ms Edwards if you have any questions or need to report any inappropriate activity. Thank you. Reflect Curiosity and Wonder... Go boldly and scatter seeds of kindness...