Yes! It's Dot Day, and we choose to matter. We choose to make a mark and make it matter.
We've been learning about people in our community who have made a mark that mattered. We know we can make a difference too!
We choose to start a chain reaction of kindness, like Rachel challenged us. We have started a list of how we can be kind; here are just a few of our ideas:
- When I see someone not playing a game, I can ask him/her to play with my friends and me.
- I would ask if they are okay.
- When someone is hurt I would help them out.
- When someone is on the playground and playing all by themselves then my friend and I will go join them.
- I will say hi to people even if we don't get a long
- If a friend or student isn't happy, I would try to cheer them up.
- I will always say something positive about everyone.
- I will choose to be the person doing the right thing.
- If there's a new student at my school then I would make him/her feel safer.
Each Dot Picture considers the goal of each student. For instance, this picture shows seeds in the center blooming into flowers of kindness to represent Mint's kindness goal. Lovely, isn't it?
How about you? Will you make a mark, and make it matter?
This is a school related site so please respect others and comment appropriately. Please contact Ms Edwards if you have any questions or need to report any inappropriate activity. Thank you. Reflect Curiosity and Wonder... Go boldly and scatter seeds of kindness...